Annette Choti left a 20 year career at the Department of Labor to start her own legal marketing firm. Annette tells us how she came to make a shift, the moment of serendipity that led her to her new career. She also tells us about all the rewards and challenges of running your own business.
- Annette worked for Department of Labor for 20 years
- The stable lifestyle of the job was worth the trade-offs for her
- After 20 years, when she started thinking about a shift, she didn’t know what her options would be
- In a moment of serendipity, Annette heard about legal marketing writing
- Annette built a side business, which for her was a reasonable balance between risk and stability
- She baby stepped to a new career
- Going down this road lead Annette to learn all sorts of new skills in digital marketing
- There’s still a long time left in your career. Even if you’re 20 years in!
Illegal Design Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/illegaldesign
Megan Smiley Interiors: https://www.megansmileyinteriors.com
Law Quill: https://lawquill.com